Read this information before you download entry forms.
The Yuletide Ball is conducted under the rules of the NDCA. For more information please refer to the rules and regulations at NDCA.org. In addition to NDCA rules, the following rules apply:
- If you are a Professional dancing in Pro or Pro/Am, a Pro/Am Student, or an Amateur competitor you must be registered with the NDCA. To register online, visit www.ndca.org/register/. If you register at the competition, there will be an NDCA directed surcharge.
- The Chairperson of Judges shall be the sole arbiter on decisions concerning ties, penalties, and other judges’ decisions.
- Male Competitors (Leaders) are required to wear numbers. Showcases, solos, and Formations are exempt.
- The “On Deck” system will be used for lineup for competition heats. Competitors must check in with the On Deck Captain and be prepared to compete at least 30 minutes before the time scheduled.
- It is the responsibility of competitors to verify the correctness of entries, dances, and partners IN ADVANCE of the time scheduled for heats. You will be provided with “heat sheets” at registration.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel or merge any competition with fewer than 3 entries.
- All syllabi approved by the NDCA are allowed for all closed and open categories competed in at this competition.
- Competitors dancing in OPEN categories are not required to stay within the parameters of step lists. You may do whatever your talents and experience allow you to do, within the bounds of good taste.
- Adult Competitors may enter their regular age and one younger age category than their regular age.
- Students may enter up to TWO LEVELS above his/her normal level of dancing. All levels may be entered in additional categories of Open, Closed, and Proficiency. Anyone may enter Open Scholarships.
- Pro/Am Scholarships:
a) Pro/Am Students must compete in the same number of Pro/Am single-dances as per each scholarship entered. These qualifying single-dances must be in the same level, style, and category as the scholarship (i.e. five gold ballroom single-dances qualify you for the open gold ballroom scholarship).
b) Scholarship events with fewer than three participating couples will pay 50% of the prize money.
- Pro/Am Multi-Dance Challenges: Pro/Am Students must compete five (5) Pro/Am single-dances to qualify for Challenge or other multi-dance events.
- No personal video cameras will be allowed. Professionally produced videos and photographs will be available for purchase. Seating preferences will be based on package and receipt of entries and payment.
- Spectator and Gala seating will be based on when the paid order is received. Please note that we cannot always accommodate requests to seat separate orders together since the tickets are assigned when purchased.
Payment, Deadline, Cancellation Policy & Late Fees
- DECEMBER 16, 2019 IS THE DEADLINE FOR PACKAGES & COMPETITION ENTRIES. Entries received after the deadline are subject to a $125 late fee per Pro/Am student, Armature couple or Professional couple.
- Packages and competition entries cancelled by December 1, 2019 will receive a 75% refund; between December 1 and December 16, 2019 will receive a 50% refund. The deadline for cancellation refunds is December 16, 2019. Package and/or Entry cancellations made after December 16, 2019 will not be eligible for a refund. However, refunds may be considered in case of an emergency. Any refunds will be mailed 30 days after the event.
- All competition spectator and NYE Gala ticket sales are final.
- There will be no credit given for cancellations made at the competition. Any changes made at the competition, due to no fault of the Organizer, will be assessed at $20 per change. PLEASE CHECK CONFIRMATION INFORMATION PRIOR TO COMING TO COMPETITION.
- All payments received after the deadline must be by Cashier’s Check, Money Order or Credit Card. Checks WILL NOT be accepted. Balance must be paid in full 7 days prior to the competition.