Read this information before you download entry forms.
Pro/Am & Student/Student Event Guidelines
Package purchase must be submitted with dance entries in order to receive the discounted price of $35/dance, no exceptions. Students with multiple teachers must coordinate package/dance entry submissions.
Juvenile: 9 and under
Preteen: 10 – 12
Junior: 13 – 15
Youth: 16 – 18
Adult A1: 16+
Adult A2: 30+
Adult B1: 45+
Adult B2: 55+
Adult C1: 65+
Adult C2: 71+
- Age eligibility is based on the status of the student only.
- Adult pro/am students may dance in their proper age category and in 2 younger age categories, if they wish.
- Pro/Am competitors may enter their proficiency level & two consecutive adjacent levels higher (i.e. Bronze 1, Bronze 2 & Silver 1) plus Open Syllabus, Championships and Scholarship events per style.
is restricted to Pro/Am students who have never competed in any ballroom dance competition. Newcomers are restricted to the Bronze syllabus.
competitors may dance only in the single dance events (newcomer through gold star) and solo exhibitions.
are limited to 4 solo entries per student; 3 minutes maximum each. Supply music on CD to the Music Director 30 minutes in advance of your scheduled event.
Open Syllabus competitors may use material outside syllabus restrictions, must be in good taste and geared to the talent and level of the student.
Closed Syllabus Championships are unisex events, merged into one age category. Levels are closed Bronze, closed Silver and closed Gold.
DanceSport Series Championshipsare open, unisex events which are qualifying rounds for the DanceSport Series Team Match. Age groups A, B, or C. You may dance in only one age category.
International/American Dance Challenge is a 4-dance, unisex, one age-merged event offered in Smooth/Standard and Rhythm/Latin divisions. Any level may compete. To qualify, you must dance 4 single dance events in each style (Standard/ Smooth or Rhythm/Latin) entered.
Pro/Am Theatre Arts is an open unisex event. The dance must be choreographed to the music, and have a beginning, middle and end. Lifts are encouraged.
Scholarships are unisex events. Each student must also compete in at least 4 Pro/Am single dances in the same age and division as each Scholarship event in order to qualify. Closed Scholarship is Bronze/Silver combined (No Gold). Open Scholarship is Open Gold and above.
Amateur Event Guidelines
Juvenile: 9 and under
Preteen: 10 – 12
Junior: 13 – 15
Youth: 16 – 18
Adult A: 18 & over
Senior I: 35 & over
Senior II: 45 & over
Senior III: 55 & over
All amateurs must be registered with the NDCA. Eligibility to compete applies to each individual competitor, not to a couple as an entity. An amateur couple can compete in an event only if both partners meet the eligibility requirements for that event.
No costumes are permitted in the Bronze and Silver Syllabus events.
Amateurs may dance in only 3 consecutive levels in each discipline.
Senior competitors may dance in a younger age category if they wish, but may not compete in more than one age category in any one discipline (Standard, Latin, Smooth, Rhythm).
Exception: Couples in the Senior Open Championship level may also dance in the Adult A Open Championships.
Solo Exhibitions are limited to 4 showcase routines per couple; 3 minutes maximum length each. Music should be provided on CD to the Music Director 30 minutes in advance of your scheduled event.
Professional Event Guidelines
All Pro/Am Teachers and Competing Professionals must currently be registered with the NDCA.
Professional couple dance entry fees include admission to the ballroom for the session in which you are competing. Pick up your tickets at the YTB hospitality desk.
Waive your entry fees for Pro Events! (Rising Star & Open)
Fees will be waived for couples with combined pro/am entries of at least 50, as follows:
- 50 pro/am entries: 1 Pro Rising Star event entry waived
- 75 or more pro/am entries: 1 Pro Open event entry waived
General Rules and Regulations
- All persons attending the Yuletide Ball Championships, whether as spectators, competitors, officials, or guests of the organizer, shall be bound by the National Dance Council of America, Inc. rules, and by participation in this event automatically become obligated to adhere to them.
- No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in Changing Rooms, Ballrooms or Hotel Rooms can be accepted by the Organizer, or by the National Dance Council of America, Inc., and neither can they be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending this event. Everyone attending does so at his or her own risk.
- In the event that television, video or other pictures are taken, it should be understood that anyone in the ballroom may be photographed, and this photography shown elsewhere. Therefore, each person in the ballroom, by their presence, agrees to be photographed, waives any and all claims related to the use of the photography and the rights, if any, of copyright, privacy, and publicity, and consents to the use of the photography.
- Personal Videotaping is NOT permitted. Please do not bring private video equipment into the ballroom. Competitors wishing a videotape of their performance may make arrangements with the vendor who is contracted to videotape all events.
- All Professionals, Pro/Am Teachers and Amateur Couple competitors must be currently registered with the NDCA. To register, the NDCA Registrar (Email: email@example.com).
- Competitors should be in the ballroom at least 30 minutes before your scheduled event. The session will not be delayed for latecomers.
- Changes and corrections must be made at least 1/2 hour before the session in which they are to be danced begins.
- The syllabus for American and International style closed events to be used: NDCA Rule Book Step List. Invigilators will be used.
- All fees must be paid before competing. Competitor numbers will not be issued if fees are owed.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or combine with other events any event with less than three entries.
- The decision of the Judges and the Chairman of Judges is final.
- Marks for each event will be posted after the awards are announced. Photocopies will be available for a nominal fee.
- Students with multiple teachers must coordinate package / dance entry submissions.
- Discount offers cannot be applied retroactively after full price items have been purchased.
- Payment must accompany all entries and purchases.
- No refunds will be made for any cancellations for this event – including entry fees, packages, dinners. Credit may be applied to the 2019 Yuletide Ball Championships at the Organizer’s discretion. No refunds or credit will be issued for general admission tickets.